The Holy Quran cited in Surah Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99:
Meaning : “It is He Who sends down water (rain) from the sky, and with it We bring forth vegetation of all kinds, and out of it We bring forth green stalks, from which We bring forth thick clustered grain. And out of the date-palm and its spathe come forth clusters of dates hanging low and near, and gardens of grapes, olives and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety and taste). Look at their fruits when they begin to bear, and the ripeness thereof.
Verily, in these things there are signs for a people who believe”.
(Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99)
There are five types of fruits available on earth and in paradise:
Meaning: “Verily, for the Muttaqûn, there will be a success (Paradise)”
Meaning: “Gardens and vineyards”
(An-Naba’: 78 verse 32)
Meaning: "Then We brought forth for you therewith gardens of date-palms and grapes, wherein is much fruit for you, and whereof you eat “.
Grapes is mentioned as ‘Inab’ in the Holy Qur’an. It has been cited 11 times in the Holy Qur’an in different Surahs’ and Verses-: Al-Baqarah : 2 verse 266, Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99, Ar-Ra’d : 13 verse 4, An-Nahl : 16 verse 11 and 67, Al-Isrâ’ : 17 verse 91, Al-Kahf : 18 verse 32, Al-Mu’minûn : 23 verse 19, Yâ-Sîn: 36 verse 34, An-Naba’ : 78 verse 32 and Abasa: 80 verse28 .
Grapes are widely used to prepare juice or drink and also for alcoholic drink (wine). The drinks prepared from honey or grapes are permissible to drink as long as it is fresh (not fermented). However, alcoholic drinks are strictly prohibited in Islam.
Grapes are high in antioxidants important for eye health and antioxidant known to lend protection from several chronic diseases and conditions. Grapes also boast the power which help the body to counter-act harmful free radical formation.
Health Benefits of Grapes:
- Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. High water-content fruits and vegetables are nutrient dense, meaning they provide a large amount of essential nutrients while containing few calories. Grapes contain 70 milliliters of fluid per cup.
- The fiber and potassium in grapes also support heart health. An increase in potassium intake along with a decrease in sodium intake is the most important dietary change that a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease, according to Mark Houston, MD, MS, an associate clinical professor of medicine at Vanderbilt Medical School and director of the Hypertension Institute at St Thomas Hospital in Tennessee.
- Grapes contain powerful antioxidants which may slow or prevent many types of cancer, including esophageal, lung, mouth, pharynx, endometrial, pancreatic, prostate and colon.
-The content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
- Eating foods that are high in water content like grapes, watermelon and cantaloupe can help to keep you hydrated and your bowel movements regular. Grapes also contain fiber, which is essential for minimizing constipation.
- Allergies: Consuming grapes may help to alleviate symptoms of allergies including runny nose, watery eyes and hives. There have been no human studies done to prove this theory.
But for him who fears the standing before his Lord there will be two Gardens (i.e. in Paradise).
(Ar-Rahmân 55 verse 46)
In them (both) will be fruits, and date-palms and pomegranates)
(Ar-Rahmân 55 verse 68)
Dates are a type of plant (Palma) fruiting and edible either cooked or raw. Most of the trees and plants are in Arab countries and have a wide variety. Among the famous date palm Mecca and Medina is alleged to have dozens of varieties. In addition to the sweet taste and long lasting and do not require cooking, dates also have a lot of nutrients and the main food of the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم .
Dates have been a staple food of the Middle East and parts of South Asia for thousands of years. They are believed to have originated around Iraq, and have been cultivated since ancient times from Mesopotamia to prehistoric Egypt, possibly as early as 4000 BCE. The Ancient Egyptians used the fruits to be made into date wine, and ate them at harvest. There is archaeological evidence of date cultivation in eastern Arabia in 6000 BCE. In later times, traders spread dates around South and South West Asia, northern Africa, and Spain and Italy. Dates were introduced into Mexico and California by the Spaniards by 1765, around Mission San Ignacio.
Date-Palm Based on The Noble Qur’ân and Sunnah :
Date-palms is mentioned in the Holy Qur’an and been cited 17 times in different Surahs’ and Verses-: Al-Baqarah : 2 verse 266, Al-An’âm : 6 verse 141, Ar-Ra’d : 13 verse 4, An-Nahl : 16 verse 11 and 67, Al-Isrâ’ : 17 verse 91, Maryam : 19 verse 23 and 25, Tâ-Hâ: 20 verse 71, Al-Mu’minûn : 23 verse 19, Yâ-Sîn: 36 verse 34, Qâf: 50 verse 10, Ar Rahman: 55 verse 11 and 68, Al Hasyr: 59 verse 5, Al-Hâqqah: 69 verse 7, and Abasa: 80 verse29 .
Nutrients date "Ajwah" as mentioned in the above hadith is an advantage which Allah Almighty in accordance with the virtues as the first date type grown by the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم .
Elemental iron and calcium in the dates is the highest element of the form of breast milk. For mothers who have a shortage of milk, then eat to promote expansion of the milk. It also plays a role in the growth of infant children and the formation of blood and bone marrow. Other studies, however, proved that the dates is of the fastest processed food as energy supply. Dates will be immediately burned and it will go to other parts of the brain.
'Abdullah bin Ja'far said: "I saw the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم eats ripe dates.
"Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم took breakfast with a few grains of dates before praying. Absence densest dates, then the Holy Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم would break with some grape seed. Then he drank a few sips of water. (Hadith narrated by Ahmad).
Know Health Benefits of Dates :
– In addition to promoting colon health, fiber is also .
– Dates are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. One “inflammatory indicators in the body were all reduced when magnesium intake was increased”. Further, inflammation in the arterial walls was also reduced with magnesium intake. Based on magnesium’s anti-inflammatory properties and the findings of this study, magnesium can effectively reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and other inflammation-related health ailments.
– Magnesium has been help lower blood pressure – and again, dates are full of the mineral. Additionally, potassium is another mineral in dates that has several functions within the body, aiding with the proper workings of the heart and .
– After evaluating 7 studies published over a 14 year time period, researchers found stroke risk was reduced by 9% for every 100 milligrams of magnesium a person consumes per day. The research can be found in the .
– Further adding to the health benefits of dates, one researchers at the University of Science and Technology set out to discover how the date fruit impacted labor parameters and delivery outcomes. After studying 69 women for a year and 1 month, the researchers found that
– Some studies, such as , found that sufficient vitamin B6 levels are associated with improved brain performance and better test scores.
1. Translation of the meanings of The Noble Qurân in the English Language by Dr Muhammad Taqî-ud-Dîn al-Hilali and Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khân
2. http://www.researchgate.net/ research article by Tareq M Zayed
5. Images by Googles
5. Images by Googles
Categories: Al Quran