Saturday, July 9, 2011

The First Verse of Al Quran

Posted by Hashim Abd Ghani On 6:10 PM



In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful


Read ! In the name of your Lord Who has created ( all that exists ) (1). He has created man from man a clot (2).  Read ! And your Lord is the Most Generous (3). Who has taught ( the writing ) by the pen (4). He has taught man that which he knew not (5). Al-Alaq : 93 : 1-5

“ Dengan nama Allah, Yang Maha Pemurah, lagi Maha Mengasihani ”

“ Bacalah (wahai Muhammad) dengan nama Tuhanmu yang menciptakan (sekalian makhluk) (1); Dia menciptakan manusia dari sebuku darah beku (2); Bacalah dan Tuhanmu Yang Maha Pemurah (3); Yang mengajar manusia melalui pena dan tulisan (4); Dia mengajarkan manusia apa yang tidak diketahuinya (5);” Al-Alaq : 93 : 1-5

In his renowned collection of hadith, al-Bukhari (194-256 H / 810-870 CE) version of this story in which he adds verse 93.5 to the first revealed verses. The hadith is attributed to ‘A’isha, the wife of the Prophet:

The commencement of the divine inspiration to the Messenger of Allah was in the form of good dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed on him. He used to go into seclusion in the Cave of Hira’ where he used to worship [Allah alone] continuously for many days before he would desire to see his family. He used to take with him the journey food for the stay and would then come back to [his wife] Khadija to take food for another stay, until suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the Cave of Hira’. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet replied, “I do not know how to read.”

The Prophet added, “The angel caught me [forcefully] and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read and I replied, ‘I do not know how to read.’ So he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it any more. He then released me and again asked me to read but again I replied, ‘I do not know how to read.’ So he caught me for the third time and pressed me, and then released me and said :

The Messenger of Allah returned with the inspiration and with his heart beating fast. Then he went to [his wife] Khadija bint Khuwailid and said: “Cover me! Cover me!” They covered him until his fear was over, and after that he told her everything that had happened. He said: “I fear that something bad may happen to me.” Khadija replied: “Never! By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you. You keep good relations with your kin, assist the weak, help the poor, serve your guests generously, and assist the calamity-afflicted ones.”

Khadija then took Muhammad to her cousin, Waraqa bin Nawfal. This blind old man had converted to Christianity and had knowledge of the Injil that was revealed to Jesus. after listening to Muhammad’s story, Waraqa told him that he has received the same divine revelation that was given to Moses and prophesied that Muhammad’s people would expel him at some point as all those who received such revelation where mistreated by their peoples.

( The first verse of Quran by Louay Fatoohi, PhD      09 May 2010 )


Categories:

1 comment:

  1. The mountain where Prophet got the first messenger from Allah is very historical mountain the Muslims who gets cheap umrah packages must visit this place the agents manage tour to many places in which this mountain is in top 3 priorities

    ReplyDelete