Thursday, July 16, 2015
Monday, May 18, 2015
Posted by Hashim Abd Ghani On 6:39 PM
The pomegranate, ar-Rumman in Arabic, is mentioned thrice in the Qur'an and as one of the fruits that will be found in paradise. Pomegranate with date-palms are mentioned in Surahs, Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99 and 141 and Ar Rahmân: 55 verse 68.
The pomegranate is native origin from Iran to the Himalayas in northern India and was cultivated and naturalized over the whole Mediterranean region since ancient times. It is widely cultivated throughout India and the drier parts of south-east Asia, Malaysia, the East Indies and tropical Africa. Ancient Egyptians were buried with pomegranates, and were reportedly grown in the famous Hanging Gardens of Babylon and in Ancient Egypt. During the time of the Prophet Musa (peace be upon him), they were in cultivation throughout Palestine, Syria and Lebanon. The city of Rimmon , an ancient city believed to have been located close to present-day Hebron, was in fact known for the quality of its pomegranates.
Pomegranate juice is a powerful anti-oxidant that guards the body against free radicals, harmful molecules that are believed to contribute to heart disease, premature ageing and cancer.
Health benefits of pomegranate.
- Prevents heart disease and also prevent oxidation of cholesterol, which causes plaque formation and development of coronary artery disease.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- May help prevent prostate cancer to breast cancer, lung cancer and skin cancer, and treat several forms of cancer.
- Helps your digestive system healthy.
- Rich in vitamin C, which boosts antibody production and development of immunity.
- Keeps you looking younger and keeps your skin glowing and radiant for a long time.
- Help lower psychological stress.
- Researchers suggest that pomegranates play in important role prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Prevents plaque formation.
In the Gardens of Delight (Paradise)
(Al-Wâqi’ah : 56 verse 12)
And among Talh (banana trees) with fruits piled one above another,
(Al-Wâqi’ah : 56 verse 29)
Consuming Bananas and other fruits mentioned in the Godly foods category will surely aid in preventing disease and increasing your overall well being. There are various varieties and shapes and sizes of bananas. It has been found that bananas have curative properties both scientifically and traditionally.
- The high content of iron in bananas increases the production of hemoglobin in the blood -which are very good for anemia.
- They regulate bowel movement - whether it is constipation or diarrhea.
- Bananas are exceedingly good for students as the rich source of potassium can make a person very alert; the fruit is often called a brain tonic.
- Bananas work well as a snack for people who have high blood pressure as they are wholesome with low salt levels.
- For those suffering from depression, bananas are good as they contain a protein called serotonin – which is also called the ‘happy hormone’ as it makes one feel happy and relaxed.
- Bananas can be eaten frequently to treat ulcers as they neutralize acidity in the stomach. This soft and smooth fruit cannot irritate the stomach walls.
- For pregnant women suffering from morning sickness, eating bananas in between meals helps immensely in settling the queasiness in the stomach.
- Eating bananas helps people give up smoking as this fruit is rich in vitamin C, A, B 6 and B 12. Bananas contain potassium and magnesium as well, which help the body recover from nicotine withdrawal.
- For weight watchers, banana is an excellent snack in place of crisps and chocolates.
Banana Flower: The banana flower grows at the end of a bunch of bananas. It is a leafy maroon colored cone with cream colored florets layered inside. These florets need to be cleaned well before they are cooked as a vegetable. The banana flower is rich in vitamins and proteins. The flower has been used in traditional medicine to treat bronchitis, constipation and ulcer problems. It eases menstrual cramps.
Banana Plant Leaves: In India and Asia, banana leaves are used like aluminum foil. They are used to wrap food prior to steaming and grilling. The leaf makes an excellent platter and food served on these leaves tastes delicious. The leaves are not eaten but while steaming food some of the polyphenols are imparted to the food.
One of the foods to which attention is drawn in the Qur'an is the olive. Research in recent years has revealed that the olive is not just a delicious food but also represents an important source of good health and also an important source of nutrition. Olive is mentioned in the Holy Qur’an and been cited 7 times in different Surahs’ and Verses-: Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99 & 141, An-Nahl : 16 verse 11, Al-Mu’minûn : 23 verse 20, An-Nûr: 24 verse 35, Abasa: 80 verse29 and At-Tin: 95 verse 1.
Allâh is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as (if there were) a niche within it a lamp: the brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east (i.e. neither it gets sun-rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun-rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost forth (of itself), though no fire touched it. Light upon Light. Allâh guides to His Light whom He wills. And Allâh sets forth parables for mankind, and Allâh is All-Knower of everything.(An-Nûr :24 verse 35)
With it He causes to grow for you the crops, the olives, and dates-palms, the grapes and every kind of fruit. Verily, in this is indeed an evident proof and a manifest sign for a people who give thought.
(An-Nahl : 16 verse 11)
(An-Nahl : 16 verse 11)
"Olive oil, referred to in the term "zaytuha," is known as one of the most highly recommended types of oil by all experts, especially for coronary and arterial health. Its health benefits may be summarized as follows:
- Recommended for patients with heart and artery disease since it reduces the level of harmful cholesterol (LDL) in the bloodstream.
- Helps prevent the formation of prostate cancer cells. A recent study by doctors at the University of Oxford has shown that olive oil has a protective effect against intestinal cancer.
- Reduced risk of rheumatic arthritis, a chronic inflammatory disease of the joints.
- The vitamins E, A, D and K contained in olive oil are particularly important from the point of view of assisting bone development in adults and children, and in strengthening the bones by fixing calcium.
- Employed in the treatment of the elderly, as well as nourishing and protecting the skin. With the high levels of anti-oxidants it contains, olive oil prevents damage by harmful substances, renews our cells and delays aging in the tissues and organs.
- Healthy food for newborn babies and growing children. A deficiency in linoleic acid leads to the emergence of a retardation of development in babyhood and various skin disorders. Olive oil possesses a balanced polyunsaturated compound at a similar level to that in human milk. Olive oil is a sufficient source of these fatty acids, which cannot be obtained from the human body but which are of the most essential importance to it. These factors make olive oil very important for new-born babies.
- Reduce high blood pressure.
- Protects the stomach against diseases such as gastritis and ulcers by reducing gastric acid levels. In addition to this, by activating the bile, it makes it perfect. It regulates the discharge of the gall bladder and reduces the risk of bile stone formation.
1. 1. Translation of the meanings of The Noble Qurân in the English Language by Dr Muhammad Taqî-ud-Dîn al-Hilali and Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khân
5. Image source: Getty Images & Google
Friday, May 8, 2015
Posted by Hashim Abd Ghani On 6:08 PM
The Holy Quran cited in Surah Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99:
Meaning : “It is He Who sends down water (rain) from the sky, and with it We bring forth vegetation of all kinds, and out of it We bring forth green stalks, from which We bring forth thick clustered grain. And out of the date-palm and its spathe come forth clusters of dates hanging low and near, and gardens of grapes, olives and pomegranates, each similar (in kind) yet different (in variety and taste). Look at their fruits when they begin to bear, and the ripeness thereof.
Verily, in these things there are signs for a people who believe”.
(Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99)
There are five types of fruits available on earth and in paradise:
Meaning: “Verily, for the Muttaqûn, there will be a success (Paradise)”
Meaning: “Gardens and vineyards”
(An-Naba’: 78 verse 32)
Meaning: "Then We brought forth for you therewith gardens of date-palms and grapes, wherein is much fruit for you, and whereof you eat “.
Grapes is mentioned as ‘Inab’ in the Holy Qur’an. It has been cited 11 times in the Holy Qur’an in different Surahs’ and Verses-: Al-Baqarah : 2 verse 266, Al-An’âm : 6 verse 99, Ar-Ra’d : 13 verse 4, An-Nahl : 16 verse 11 and 67, Al-Isrâ’ : 17 verse 91, Al-Kahf : 18 verse 32, Al-Mu’minûn : 23 verse 19, Yâ-Sîn: 36 verse 34, An-Naba’ : 78 verse 32 and Abasa: 80 verse28 .
Grapes are widely used to prepare juice or drink and also for alcoholic drink (wine). The drinks prepared from honey or grapes are permissible to drink as long as it is fresh (not fermented). However, alcoholic drinks are strictly prohibited in Islam.
Grapes are high in antioxidants important for eye health and antioxidant known to lend protection from several chronic diseases and conditions. Grapes also boast the power which help the body to counter-act harmful free radical formation.
Health Benefits of Grapes:
- Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. High water-content fruits and vegetables are nutrient dense, meaning they provide a large amount of essential nutrients while containing few calories. Grapes contain 70 milliliters of fluid per cup.
- The fiber and potassium in grapes also support heart health. An increase in potassium intake along with a decrease in sodium intake is the most important dietary change that a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease, according to Mark Houston, MD, MS, an associate clinical professor of medicine at Vanderbilt Medical School and director of the Hypertension Institute at St Thomas Hospital in Tennessee.
- Grapes contain powerful antioxidants which may slow or prevent many types of cancer, including esophageal, lung, mouth, pharynx, endometrial, pancreatic, prostate and colon.
-The content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
- Eating foods that are high in water content like grapes, watermelon and cantaloupe can help to keep you hydrated and your bowel movements regular. Grapes also contain fiber, which is essential for minimizing constipation.
- Allergies: Consuming grapes may help to alleviate symptoms of allergies including runny nose, watery eyes and hives. There have been no human studies done to prove this theory.
But for him who fears the standing before his Lord there will be two Gardens (i.e. in Paradise).
(Ar-Rahmân 55 verse 46)
In them (both) will be fruits, and date-palms and pomegranates)
(Ar-Rahmân 55 verse 68)
Dates are a type of plant (Palma) fruiting and edible either cooked or raw. Most of the trees and plants are in Arab countries and have a wide variety. Among the famous date palm Mecca and Medina is alleged to have dozens of varieties. In addition to the sweet taste and long lasting and do not require cooking, dates also have a lot of nutrients and the main food of the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم .
Dates have been a staple food of the Middle East and parts of South Asia for thousands of years. They are believed to have originated around Iraq, and have been cultivated since ancient times from Mesopotamia to prehistoric Egypt, possibly as early as 4000 BCE. The Ancient Egyptians used the fruits to be made into date wine, and ate them at harvest. There is archaeological evidence of date cultivation in eastern Arabia in 6000 BCE. In later times, traders spread dates around South and South West Asia, northern Africa, and Spain and Italy. Dates were introduced into Mexico and California by the Spaniards by 1765, around Mission San Ignacio.
Date-Palm Based on The Noble Qur’ân and Sunnah :
Date-palms is mentioned in the Holy Qur’an and been cited 17 times in different Surahs’ and Verses-: Al-Baqarah : 2 verse 266, Al-An’âm : 6 verse 141, Ar-Ra’d : 13 verse 4, An-Nahl : 16 verse 11 and 67, Al-Isrâ’ : 17 verse 91, Maryam : 19 verse 23 and 25, Tâ-Hâ: 20 verse 71, Al-Mu’minûn : 23 verse 19, Yâ-Sîn: 36 verse 34, Qâf: 50 verse 10, Ar Rahman: 55 verse 11 and 68, Al Hasyr: 59 verse 5, Al-Hâqqah: 69 verse 7, and Abasa: 80 verse29 .
Nutrients date "Ajwah" as mentioned in the above hadith is an advantage which Allah Almighty in accordance with the virtues as the first date type grown by the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم .
Elemental iron and calcium in the dates is the highest element of the form of breast milk. For mothers who have a shortage of milk, then eat to promote expansion of the milk. It also plays a role in the growth of infant children and the formation of blood and bone marrow. Other studies, however, proved that the dates is of the fastest processed food as energy supply. Dates will be immediately burned and it will go to other parts of the brain.
'Abdullah bin Ja'far said: "I saw the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم eats ripe dates.
"Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم took breakfast with a few grains of dates before praying. Absence densest dates, then the Holy Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم would break with some grape seed. Then he drank a few sips of water. (Hadith narrated by Ahmad).
Know Health Benefits of Dates :
– In addition to promoting colon health, fiber is also .
– Dates are rich in magnesium – a mineral known for its anti-inflammatory benefits. One “inflammatory indicators in the body were all reduced when magnesium intake was increased”. Further, inflammation in the arterial walls was also reduced with magnesium intake. Based on magnesium’s anti-inflammatory properties and the findings of this study, magnesium can effectively reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and other inflammation-related health ailments.
– Magnesium has been help lower blood pressure – and again, dates are full of the mineral. Additionally, potassium is another mineral in dates that has several functions within the body, aiding with the proper workings of the heart and .
– After evaluating 7 studies published over a 14 year time period, researchers found stroke risk was reduced by 9% for every 100 milligrams of magnesium a person consumes per day. The research can be found in the .
– Further adding to the health benefits of dates, one researchers at the University of Science and Technology set out to discover how the date fruit impacted labor parameters and delivery outcomes. After studying 69 women for a year and 1 month, the researchers found that
– Some studies, such as , found that sufficient vitamin B6 levels are associated with improved brain performance and better test scores.
1. Translation of the meanings of The Noble Qurân in the English Language by Dr Muhammad Taqî-ud-Dîn al-Hilali and Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khân
2. http://www.researchgate.net/ research article by Tareq M Zayed
5. Images by Googles
5. Images by Googles
Monday, April 13, 2015
THE HOLY AL QURAN - NATURAL PHENOMENA COLORFUL MOUNTAIN OF ZHANGYE DANXIA LANDFORM, GANSU PROVINCE, CHINA
Posted by Hashim Abd Ghani On 11:58 PM
Surah Al Fathir (Creator), Chapter 35 verse 27 narrated :
أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ أَنْزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً فَأَخْرَجْنَا بِهِ ثَمَرَاتٍ مُخْتَلِفًا أَلْوَانُهَا
وَمِنَ الْجِبَالِ جُدَدٌ بِيضٌ وَحُمْرٌ مُخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوَانُهَا وَغَرَابِيبُ سُودٌ (٢٧)
Do you not see that Allah sent down water from the sky with which We brought forth fruits of diverse hues? In the mountains there are white and red, of diverse hues, and pitchy black;
|Mountains : White, Red & Diverse Hues & Pitchy Black|
Al Quran has informed this natural phenomena 14 centuries ago, however many people still do not know the beautiful natural phenomena of colorful mountains in Zhangye Danxia, Gansu Province, China.
Prophet Muhammad SAW has never been to China? The revelation comes from Allah, The Creator.
The Zhangye Danxia landform is also known as the eye candy of Zhangye. Many artists admire this masterpiece as it appears like a perfect painting on canvas. This 400-square-kilometer attraction is located in in Linze (临泽县) and Sunan (肃南) counties in Gansu Province in central north China. It is composed of lots of precipitous cliffs, most of which are several hundred meters high. All of these cliffs are smooth and sharp, standing in the plains and riversides, looking grand and magnificent, vigorous and virile. Even the low pinnacles look powerful.
Geologists believe that Danxia topography is formed as a result of movement in the earth’s crust. This makes rock layers appear in different colors, textures, shapes, sizes, and patterns. The combination of differences in density and erosion creates towering peaks, cave holes and stone halls.
Danxia formations are green, yellow, blue and many other colors, though their appellation comes from the red rocks of Mount Danxia in Guangdong. Experts say that they are the result of red sandstone and other rocks undergoing metamorphic processes for millions of years.
The Holy Al Quran - Chapter 35 Verse 27.
Friday, January 23, 2015
Posted by Hashim Abd Ghani On 11:48 PM
By Staff Writer, Al Arabiya News
Friday, 23 January 2015
Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has passed away, the Royal court said in a statement early on Friday. Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz becomes king and Prince Muqrin has been declared crown prince, another Royal court statement said.
“With great sorrow and grief His Highness Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and all members of the family and the nation mourn the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, who passed away at exactly 1 a.m. this morning,” the Saudi Royal court statement said.
Funeral prayers will be held later in the day following afternoon prayers at Imam Turki Bin Abdullah Grand Mosque in the capital, Riyadh, according to the statement.
Prince Salman declared Saudi Arabia’s king
|Saudi King Salman|
Another statement said that Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud received the pledge of allegiance as the country's king from members of the royal family.
Prince Muqrin named Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince