- The high content of iron in bananas increases the production of hemoglobin in the blood -which are very good for anemia.
- They regulate bowel movement - whether it is constipation or diarrhea.
- Bananas are exceedingly good for students as the rich source of potassium can make a person very alert; the fruit is often called a brain tonic.
- Bananas work well as a snack for people who have high blood pressure as they are wholesome with low salt levels.
- For those suffering from depression, bananas are good as they contain a protein called serotonin – which is also called the ‘happy hormone’ as it makes one feel happy and relaxed.
- Bananas can be eaten frequently to treat ulcers as they neutralize acidity in the stomach. This soft and smooth fruit cannot irritate the stomach walls.
- For pregnant women suffering from morning sickness, eating bananas in between meals helps immensely in settling the queasiness in the stomach.
- Eating bananas helps people give up smoking as this fruit is rich in vitamin C, A, B 6 and B 12. Bananas contain potassium and magnesium as well, which help the body recover from nicotine withdrawal.
- For weight watchers, banana is an excellent snack in place of crisps and chocolates.
(An-Nahl : 16 verse 11)